50 Questions I’ve Never Been Asked
01. What’s your favourite candle scent?
I’m not much of a candle person if I’m honest. I used to buy them when I was a teenager but just use them as pretty ornaments and never burn them! I did get bought a vanilla cupcake candle for my 30th which is quite delicious though.
02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
This is tricky, there’s lots of celebrities I would love to know but I think I’d rather have them as best friends rather than a sister. Giovanna Fletcher, Emilia Clarke, and a long list of bloggers I’ve come into contact with/found online would be the dream. A woman with a bit of sass, who is supportive of other women, that would be the best friend/sister for me!
03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
The Rock maybe? Ignoring the fact I’m watching Ballers currently he seems like such a cool guy and a great role model. Oliver would probably ask for Daniel Radcliffe to be my brother though, so he could say he was related to Harry Potter haha.
04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
Already done that one, I was 28.
05. Do you know a hoarder?
Erm, maybe… me… I’m not on the scale of those people you see on TV where they can’t walk round their house but I’m pretty sentimental and don’t like to get rid of things if they mean something, or “just in case”. Also, Oliver’s very much a hoarder too, but I think that’s all children… right?
06. Can you do the splits?
Nope, not any more. I did a fair bit on gymnastics when I was younger so was good at things like that but I’m not stretchy enough any more.
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
Oh, I’m not sure, quite young though. I remember one Christmas getting a new bike from Santa and my dad taking me out on it. I didn’t quite have the knack with breaks and fell off splitting open my chin. Happy Christmas!
08. How many oceans have you swum in?
The Atlantic Ocean I think is the only ocean, but the North Sea, the Mediterranean, the Balearic Sea, the Black Sea and the Gulf of Mexico.
09. How many countries have you been to?
I’d like to go to more, but I have been lucky in my travels so far. Plenty of holidays to France and Spain when I was younger, as well as Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Florida, Bulgaria, Lanzarote and we had our honeymoon in Mexico. I’d love to go back to America and Mexico, and maybe one day get to Australia and the Caribbean.
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
No, not that I know of anyway!
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
Grace, of course!
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test?
I’m sure, during my A Levels, I got a U in one module. How bad is that! I didn’t do well in my A Levels all together, but my heart wasn’t really in it. I only did them as I didn’t know what else to do!
14. What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?
When I was really little I (apparently) used to love Sesame Street but things I remember are The Queen’s Nose and The Demon Headmaster, as well as Byker Grove!
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
Oh, I’ve got no idea! If I dressed up at all it was probably as a witch or a skeleton.
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
Yes, all of them. I’m a big Harry Potter fan and finally managed to read all the books a couple of years ago. I wouldn’t watch the films until I had read the books so Dan was pretty frustrated as he hadn’t seen them either. I love The Hunger Games, and the first two movies, and enjoyed the Twilight books. They’re no True Blood though!
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
I think British. If I had to have an American accent I’d like to be still British though as I couldn’t live without sarcasm!
18. Did your mother go to university?
No, she didn’t. I don’t believe university is the necessity a lot of people believe it to be, and it definitely wasn’t when my parent’s were younger.
19. Are your grandparents still married?
My Nanna and Grandad are (were?) married, he died when I was in Primary school but they are very much still together. I’m not sure about my grandparents on my Dad’s side, I don’t know if they officially got divorced or not.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
No. I was more of a gymnastics kinda girl! Dan and Oliver are taking lessons at the moment though.
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
Well of course, and hes really bloody annoying!!! Haha.
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
Ooo I’m not sure. Growing up the North East it was likely somewhere like Flamingo Land, but it could have equally been MetroLand (this was in the big shopping centre and was AWESOME!).
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?
I love French and still remember bits and pieces from school, but I’d love to be fluent. I keep getting told from Dan that Spanish is more of a global language so I guess that would be good too, unless all I need to know is “two beers please”?
24. Do you spell the colour grey or gray?
25. Is your father bald?
No, he’s totally white though!
26. Do you know any triplets?
I know someone who knows triplets, does that count?
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
Is it bad to admit I’ve never seen The Notebook? I love Titanic though, I rememeber going to see it at the cinema with my Mum and Nanna and I bawled my eyes out. Big style.
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
Yes! I love Indian food! I’m not very wild, and my favourite is a Korma or a Butter Chicken, but I just love the indulgence of them. Unfortunately it’s Dan’s least favourite takeaway so I think we’ve only had one in the last year (unlike the numerous pizzas and Chinese takeaways)!
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
Ooo this is hard, I love pizza and pasta so a small Italian is always a winner. I also really like TGI Friday’s, Pizza Hut and Nando’s. There’s a really good Thai place in Durham too, called Zen. Basically I love eating out and I’m not that picky where I go!
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
Yes, as I said earlier it’s one of my faves.
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
No. I keep wanting to join Costco, but I can’t make my mind up whether it would be really cost effective or if I’d just buy extra stuff as it was “on offer”.
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I’ve got no idea, hopefully not something rubbish!
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
Not really, “Em” sometimes or “Pickle” but it’s rare I get either of them.
34. Who’s your favourite person in the world?
It depends on who’s going to read this haha… and it depends on the day. It’s a toss up between Oliver, Grace and Dan.
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
I always said I would like to live in a city, like Newcastle. Be close to the action, the nightlife. But now I have children I wouldn’t like to bring them up in a busy city environment. I wouldn’t want to live in the middle of nowhere either though. As good as Amazon Prime is I need to be near civilisation! Where we live is the perfect mix, near a reasonably sized town and only roughly 15 minutes drive to Durham/20 minutes to Newcastle.
36. Can you whistle?
No! Something which Dan likes to remind me!
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
No. If I was home alone I’d need a light somewhere, but with everyone in the house I’m ok. Grace has a little nightlight in her room but other than that we’re all in darkness.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
Yes. I used to be more hit and miss, especially when I worked full time and Oliver had breakfast at school, but as I’m having to sit down with Grace for breakfast I might as well eat, right? Though its usually just toast.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
40. What medical conditions do you have?
Nothing really, I sometimes get a bit of eczema but thats about it.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
Wow, I have no idea. A handful of times for me personally, but so many times for pregnancy related things like scans.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
I love it!
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
I don’t shop anywhere fancy, the ones I have at the moment are Asda, Sainsbury’s and Dorothy Perkins.
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
I have no idea! That’s bad isn’t it.
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
Sometimes, they’re usually really weird!
46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
None. I don’t like hot drinks at all. Give me squash, juice or Pepsi Max and I’m happy.
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
I don’t know! Lots, but live in the same old pair on Converse.
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
Oliver and Grace are both Christened, but I don’t take them to church. I say Christianity is my religion, but I wouldn’t discourage them from any path they decided to investigate.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
I really don’t know, but I love the magic of Christmas still to this day. I love having children who believe, it makes Christmastime even better.
50. Why do you have a blog?
When I set up emmaology I wanted an outlet for my thoughts and feelings, and now I hope that my stories resonate with other parents so they know we’re all in the same boat.
Do you feel like you know me a bit better now? If there’s anything else you want to know, leave me comment and I’ll get back to you!
** This post is part of #blogtober17 where I’m going to try and post every day in October! To find more #blogtober posts, search blogtober17 in the search bar **